Vacasa Drops Fall 2021 Travel Survey and Trends Report | national news
PORTLAND, Oregon – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Sep 15, 2021–
Can you be- sheet this? Fall is almost here and while it is generally a shoulder season for travel, demand in 2020 for certain types of vacations, such as camping and vacation rental beach getaways, is growing. remained strong. Vacasa, the leading vacation rental management platform in North America, has partnered with Allison + Partners to survey * 1,000 Americans to see if this trend will continue for the 2021 season, and how, where and why people are planning a fall vacation.
Cadillac Mountain Overlook near Acadia National Park in Maine, one of Vacasa’s most popular fall destinations. (Photo: Business Wire)
Despite lingering concerns about the Delta variant, the results show people are still prioritizing vacations this fall, with safety in mind. Sixty-two percent of respondents have already received or are likely to receive the vaccine before traveling, and prefer road trips and destinations with plenty of outdoor activities ( FIG leaf, anybody?).
This also matches data from Vacasa, with vacation spots rich in nature like the Outer Banks, North Carolina; Moab, Utah; and the markets surrounding Acadia National Park in Maine, all among the most popular getaways in September and October.
- Work-cations are fully billed for the fall: Respondents who work remotely or in a hybrid format are the most likely to consider traveling (75% and 71%, respectively).
- Going back to school means parents have a break too, doesn’t it? While 48% of parents plan to travel with their children, almost 46% plan to vacation with their spouse only.
- More than half (53%) of travelers plan to take a trip this season that was postponed from the start of the year, but this varies between generations. 71% of Gen Zs are planning makeup trips, while 63% of Baby Boomers are making new travel plans.
- The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree: Regardless of their current travel plans, 41% of Americans would most likely be traveling for a family event (birthday, reunion, etc.), with 35% of consumers reporting a meeting. family would be more encourage them to travel, an increase from a similar survey conducted in the summer of 2021.
- Most people would prefer to keep their feet on the ground if they were to travel this fall, too, with more than half of U.S. consumers favoring a road trip (53%), followed by a domestic trip to the United States (42% ) and a camping trip (23%).
- Regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, 32% of travelers say that the new variants of COVID-19 will be considered in their next travel plans, as well as the number of restrictions in their desired destination (29%) and COVID-19 vaccine requirements (27%).
* Allison + Partners Research + Insights surveyed 1,001 people over the age of 18 in the United States. The survey was conducted using the Qualtrics Insight platform and the panel was sourced from Lucid. Fielding was executed in August 2021.
Vacasa is the leading vacation rental management platform in North America, transforming the vacation rental experience by integrating specially designed technology with local and national teams of experts. Homeowners enjoy significant additional income on one of their most valuable assets, thanks to Vacasa’s unmatched technology that adjusts rates in real time to maximize revenue. Customers can comfortably relax in more than 30,000 Vacasa homes in more than 400 destinations in North America, Belize and Costa Rica, knowing that 24/7 support is just a phone call away. In addition to allowing clients to search, discover and reserve their properties on Vacasa.com and the Vacasa Guest app, Vacasa provides valuable and professionally managed inventory to major channel partners including Airbnb, Booking.com and Vrbo. In the summer of 2021, Vacasa reached an agreement to become a listed company through a business combination with TPG Rhythm Solutions (NYSE: TPGS), a special purpose acquisition company (“SPAC”). Interested parties should refer to the registration statement on form S-4 Filed by Vacasa, Inc. with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission for important information regarding TPG Pace Solutions, Vacasa and the proposed business combination.
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA OREGON
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER TRAVEL SOFTWARE INTERNET ACCOMMODATION DESTINATIONS TRAVEL HOLIDAYS TECHNOLOGY
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 09/15/2021 9:00 a.m. / DISC: 09/15/2021 9:02 a.m.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.