NSW Residents To Receive $ 50 Hotel Vouchers | The Lawyer – Hepburn

0

Every adult in NSW will receive a $ 50 voucher to spend at a hotel in the state, as the Prime Minister promises “a very bright summer after a very dark winter.”

The $ 250 million voucher program – called Stay and Rediscover – builds on the success of the state’s Dine and Discover program and is part of a larger package designed to give the industry a boost. state tourist attraction after months of lockdown.

“With the closure of international borders, it has been incredibly difficult for accommodation, for tourism operators,” Prime Minister Dominic Perrottet told reporters on Wednesday.

“What we’re doing is getting ahead … we know the borders will be open and we want to be ahead of the curve.”

Airlines are also expected to benefit from the $ 530 million tourism and events support program, which includes a $ 60 million aviation attraction fund.

In total, international airlines will have access to a pool of $ 120 million after Sydney Airport announced it would match government funding.

State Tourism Minister Stuart Ayres said the closure of Australia’s borders prompted airlines to make business decisions to avoid Sydney.

He wants to attract them by offsetting the costs of putting Sydney back on the card.

“We want the airlines that flew to Sydney to come home regularly,” he said.

Sydney Airport CEO Geoff Culbert said 18 international airlines have stopped flying to Sydney.

“The NSW government’s aviation attraction fund will ensure that Sydney is discussed in airline boards from Doha to Dallas,” he said. stated in a press release.

Mr Perrottet announced last week that NSW would soon move away from hotel quarantine and home isolation for international arrivals.

But hours later, Prime Minister Scott Morrison poured cold water on the idea that NSW would welcome international tourists again, saying the federal government would not issue these visas for the immediate future.

Mr Perrottet said he hoped tourism would return this year, denying that he had gotten ahead of himself.

“NSW is open for business, open for tourism and the faster we work, the faster we move, the better the opportunities,” he said.

The tourism and events package also includes $ 150 million to restart major events across the state, a $ 25 million music festival support fund, $ 50 million to revitalize Sydney’s CBD and funding. for trade events, canceled events and salvage marketing.

The state will also soon see the resumption of elective elective surgery, as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to decline steadily.

Some 283 new locally acquired cases and seven deaths were announced on Wednesday.

Three were 90 years old and died in elderly care facilities in Albury and north of Wollongong, where they were infected.

A Sydney man in his 50s died at home and was not diagnosed until after his death.

The local health district of Hunter New England continues to report an increase, with 62 of the new cases diagnosed there.

There are 552 people in NSW hospitals with COVID, 124 of them in intensive care.

Elective elective surgery will resume in Greater Sydney next week after a two-month hiatus at the height of the state’s recent COVID-19 outbreak.

Surgeries will be capped at 75% of capacity at public and private facilities in Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains region of Nepean from Monday.

Day surgery returned on October 5 in both public and private systems.

Elective elective surgery was not generally suspended outside of Greater Sydney.

Associated Australian Press


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.